Ube Buttercream Frosting
January 9, 2020
Ube means purple in our dialect. It is also associated with a type of root crop that has an amazing purple color that blends with any food you incorporate with it - the purple yam or simply ube as we call it. The best thing with ube (purple yam) is that it has a natural color blending component that you would not need to add an artificial food coloring anymore.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup purple yam paste*
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
*Here's the recipe for purple yam paste:
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and milk together with hand or stand mixer for 5 to 8 minutes or until butter turns pale.
- Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons per addition.
- Alternately add a tablespoon of purple yam paste next to each addition of sugar.
- Continue beating mixture until fluffy and stable enough to decorate your cakes or cupcakes.
Note: Purple yam paste can be added to any buttercream recipe, but always remember to add just enough to maintain its density/lightness.
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
January 14, 20200 found this helpful
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.