Ube Buttercream Frosting
A ube is a purple yam. It has an amazing natural food color, that can make this buttercream frosting beautiful.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Ube means purple in our dialect. It is also associated with a type of root crop that has an amazing purple color that blends with any food you incorporate with it - the purple yam or simply ube as we call it. The best thing with ube (purple yam) is that it has a natural color blending component that you would not need to add an artificial food coloring anymore.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup purple yam paste*
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
*Here's the recipe for purple yam paste:
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and milk together with hand or stand mixer for 5 to 8 minutes or until butter turns pale.
- Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons per addition.
- Alternately add a tablespoon of purple yam paste next to each addition of sugar.
- Continue beating mixture until fluffy and stable enough to decorate your cakes or cupcakes.
Note: Purple yam paste can be added to any buttercream recipe, but always remember to add just enough to maintain its density/lightness.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.