May 1, 2016
This is an easy buttercream recipe, that works great for piping and is made with real butter, not lard. It is delicious and easy to work with.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Frosts 12 cupcakes
- 3 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 cup real butter softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream. Continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more. Add more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
- Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes, or spread onto cupcakes as desired.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 147 Feedbacks
May 3, 20160 found this helpful
Looks fabulous how did you make that design?
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.