Combine confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream to make this delicious and easy to work with buttercream frosting. This page contains the recipe and steps for making an easy buttercream recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy buttercream recipe, that works great for piping and is made with real butter, not lard. It is delicious and easy to work with.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Frosts 12 cupcakes
- 3 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 cup real butter softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream. Continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more. Add more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
- Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes, or spread onto cupcakes as desired.
May 3, 20160 found this helpful
Looks fabulous how did you make that design?