Mini Yogurt Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
This is a simple, moist cake to make. I made these as mini cakes for an upcoming party, but you can definitely serve as full sized cake. It is delicious!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 1 cake or 2 mini cakes
- 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 cups cane sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a zester, grate the lemon peal into the sugar.
- Rub the zest with the sugar until combination is moist and sandy. Set the lemons aside for something else (you will need the lemon juice).
- In a large bowl add the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add sugar/lemon zest, greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil. Fold the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Lightly grease your baking pan with oil and dust with all purpose flour. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. Time varies depending on your oven.
- Use the topping of your choice. I made vanilla buttercream frosting. Soften the butter and add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until creamy frosting consistency.
- When your cake is cool, you can frost it. You can frost the entire cake or make mini cakes like I did. I use a cookie cutter and made four circles.
- I stacked one circle, add a layer of frosting and covered the entire cake with frosting. Then repeat it for the second mini cake.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.