VanillaCakes

Mini Yogurt Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

This is a simple, moist cake to make. I made these as mini cakes for an upcoming party, but you can definitely serve as full sized cake. It is delicious!

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 70 minutes

Yield: 1 cake or 2 mini cakes

1. Using a zester, grate the lemon peal into the sugar.
  2. Rub the zest with the sugar until combination is moist and sandy. Set the lemons aside for something else (you will need the lemon juice).
  3. In a large bowl add the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add sugar/lemon zest, greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil. Fold the ingredients. Do not over mix.
  4. Lightly grease your baking pan with oil and dust with all purpose flour. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. Time varies depending on your oven.
  5. Use the topping of your choice. I made vanilla buttercream frosting. Soften the butter and add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until creamy frosting consistency.
  6. When your cake is cool, you can frost it. You can frost the entire cake or make mini cakes like I did. I use a cookie cutter and made four circles.
  7. I stacked one circle, add a layer of frosting and covered the entire cake with frosting. Then repeat it for the second mini cake.

Yummy I need one! :)

It was totally delicious :)

I'm curious, is the cake itself very sweet? I am looking for a cake that isn't too sweet little girl's 1st birthday.