Purple Cookie Bars
January 12, 2020
Everything gets purple in my kitchen after a good harvest of this sweet root crop called ube. Today, I'm putting a purple treat in my son's lunch box. So this is how I trick him with healthy foods he doesn't like. Turn them into cookies and he would be proudly telling everyone in school "his mom's a kitchen magician".
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup purple yam paste
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar for toppings
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and purple yam paste. Mix them in very well.
- Now, add the flour and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and flatten the dough evenly.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200 F for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and slice into squares. Sift a small amount of confectioners sugar on top, but this is optional.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.