Unclogging a Shower Drain

How can I unclog a drain that has built up shampoo and soap, without calling a plumber?

Connie from Columbia, SC

Unclogging a Shower Drain

Gee, this question pops up almost every day. Take the stopper out and clean it and the pipe which it came out of. It is a very easy thing to do. If you want step by step directions, buy this months issue of Handyman at your local book store. (10/30/2008)

By Harry

Unclogging a Shower Drain

Pouring baking soda followed by vinegar worked! I poured about a cup of Baking Soda down the drain, followed it with vinegar, and it caused a foaming effect. I then poured the boiling hot water down the drain and plunged it a few times. I had to repeat the process twice before it worked but it did! (02/01/2009)

Shower drain with hair
Unclogging a Shower Drain
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure