Use Hair Conditioner for Fabric Softeners

Instead of spending money on liquid fabric softener, I use hair conditioner--the cheaper the better! Combine about 1 cup of conditioner with 1 gallon of hot (NOT BOILING) water. Stir until conditioner has all dissolved. Before using, just lightly swirl container. Add +/- conditioner, according to how hard your water is. I've been doing this for years.

I keep a gallon milk jug and top, to use. Put the conditioner in, add hot water from the tap, cover and shake.

By Connie from Hartwick, NY

Answers:

Believe it or not, my best friend and I used to use Downy for hair conditioner. I don't know that it would be recommended but it sure was the best thing I've ever used on my hair. Just had to write because of the total irony of the exact opposite! (12/11/2008)

By Cynthia M.

I have used fabric softener for conditioning my hair since 1972, and it smells GREAT! A big jug of Snuggle from the warehouse store lasts forever. (12/18/2008)

By Mrs.G

By Mrs.G

Homemade Cuticle Softeners
Homemade Cuticle Softeners
Bottle of hair conditioner.
Alternate Uses for Hair Conditioner
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄