Use Listerine in a Spray Bottle for Many Uses

winner.jpgI bought a small pump spray and filled it with Listerine. It has so many uses!

• I use it as a mouth spray to freshen breath. Extremely thrifty instead of buying all the branded mouth sprays. Saves me a fortune.

• Spray under your arms as an alternative to deodorant - if some of you are sensitive to the chemicals in roll-on and spray deodorants.

• Spray on kitchen work surfaces to kill all bacteria.

• Spray a little under your car seat. As the engine warms up it releases a mint fragrance to get rid of stale odours.

• Spray a little on a tissue and dab onto a developing spot.

• Use as an anti-bacterial spray for your hands when out and about. In case you sneeze of course, and for general cleanliness (For example- after pushing the supermarket trolley- you have no idea how much bacteria lives on the pushing handle!)

• Spray in between your toes and leave for a while then dry thoroughly. For the treatment of athlete's foot or overheated feet. If you are on your feet all day do this in your lunch break and it will revive tired feet too.

• Massage a few sprays into your scalp to treat and prevent dandruff.

• Spray a little onto a tissue and apply to any insect or bug bite, it lessens the swelling and relieves the itching.
So you see, one product does an awful lot. Now that's what I call being thrifty!

Source: Myself and various other sources (Books and the Internet mostly.)

By MONIQUE63 from Somerset, UK

Answers:

If you find Listerine too strong for mouthwash, simply dilute it, gradually reducing the water ove time until you can tolerate full strength. (05/26/2009)

By Frazzled Leslie

I use diluted mouthwash to soak my retainers in, works great! Thanks for all the tips! (05/27/2009)

By NoRulesArt

I see some of the uses of Listerine. Can it be any flavor to receive the benefits? Can you sanitize your toothbrush in Listerine and if so, how?

Anyone else with tips for Listerine? Thanks. Linda (05/27/2009)

By quickcooker

Excellent! I had no idea it had these uses. I do know one use it does not have and I'm glad you didn't list it.http://pestcemetery.com/home-remedies-work/ (05/29/2009)

By Dutch 1962

Wow, never knew that it had so many uses for it. Thanks for sharing. (06/07/2009)

By Butterflytouch

Anyone else with tips for Listerine? Thanks. Linda

Any flavour is OK, I use the mild minty one but any will do, they all have the same anti-bacterial effect.
For your toothbrush just soak the head in a capful -prop it up by a wall or a large object to save on pouring lots into a cup. Better still use an empty denture tablet tube. It stands up by itself and you only need enough Listerine to cover the head saving you money!

Monique :) (06/11/2009)

By Monique63

For Linda et al

This is how to prop up the toothbrush if you don't have an empty denture tablets tube :) (06/11/2009)

By Monique63

RE: Use Listerine in a Spray Bottle for Many Uses

*applause* (06/25/2009)

By .Schönheit4Leben.

Listerine
Uses for Listerine Mouthwash
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄