Use Mayo When Making Grilled Cheese Instead Of Butter

If you like grilled cheese or your kids ask for them, try using mayonnaise on the outer sides of the bread instead of butter or oleo. Grill as usual, and the taste is so much better. I use Hellmans.

By Donna from Belle Vernon, PA

A girlfriend of mine gave me this tip a couple of years ago and now I have trouble keeping mayo in the house. My daughter and I like the way the bread gets a golden brown and crisp, not mushy. (05/20/2008)

By Margy.

The only caveat to this is don't use low fat or diet mayo. The grilled cheese will stick to the griddle or frying pan even if you use a non-stick surface. I have been using this method for many, many years and it is great. (05/20/2008)

By Noreene

Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Cheese Tips and Tricks
Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Healthy grille cheese with tomatoes.
Low Fat Grilled Cheese Recipes