Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

I have discovered that shower curtains can make great window drapery. Not the plastic liner stuff but the nylon fabric. You just hang your shower curtains on a rod with the shower curtain rings. There are some really nice patterns out there. Sheets also work well.

By Stephen from Clovis, NM

Answers:

Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

There are 3 windows in my livingroom, a single and a double. I was looking for some floral print curtains in a gold/green/maroon print, and having no luck until I found shower curtains in such a print with an attached valance with gold tassels. Perfect. I bought gold cord tiebacks with matching tassels, and they look very nice. I cut 1 panel in half and sewed the side seam for the single window, and used the other 2 panels for the double. Best of all, they were $8.00 a panel, with tie backs at 4/$4.oo each. (03/18/2008)

By jean

Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

I love this idea, and I am going on a hunt for me some new shower curtain, curtains. I never thought of this idea and it sounds great. I can't wait to try it. Wish me luck. Thanks for sharing.
(03/18/2008)

By Teresa

Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

I used the shower curtain idea for my doorways. When we moved into our home, 10 interior doors were not on yet. So we used the shower curtains to give some privacy in the rooms until, one by one, we bought doors. Our dog enjoyed walking under them each night to do her regular bedcheck. Ha ha.(03/22/2008)

By Pennypacer

Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

EGG-actly right. I love mine. I usually get silver extendable shower-rods, and silver curtain rings. In fact, I do have a plastic burgundy shower liner behind my navy blue curtain, and when the sun shines, it casts beautiful colors. (04/10/2009)

By Flitterbug

Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄