Use Two Kinds Of Bread for Sandwiches

I love Western Hazelnut bread. It has hazelnuts, flax seed, sunflower seeds, sesame, and more. The toast is amazing, and it makes great sandwiches. However, it is really expensive.

I just came back from the store. Instead of paying 4.69 for a loaf of bread, which I can't, I found this instead. Two styles of store brand breads each had half of the ingredients of the more expensive bread, and they were 2/3.00! So, when I make a sandwich, I am simply going to have one slice of each, and get the same taste and nutrition, using twice the bread for over 1/2 the price!

I can't think of a better way of spreading the money further and still having what you want. I hope this helps someone else to find ways to keep the cost down and the quality the same.

By Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Great idea!

Reminds me of feeding lots with premade sandwiches, Make some with one slice white, one slice wheat, then give them the kind they want, with that slice up. And insted of wasting the "heel", put the heel part inside, most people won't look inside a sandwich!

Hi there, your idea of combining two different kinds of breads is such a simple idea but then, nobody said to do it before now, did they? You are a jewel. I'm sure I will try it and like it.

Three cheers for you and your great idea.

What store did you find this bread?

I got these at Safeways, and thanks for the kudos. It has worked out great so far. As for the heel, that is my favorite toast!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BreadJune 16, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
🎉
🎄