Use White Paper to Help Thread Needles

Being an 'older lady', I find my eyesight is not as good as it once was and threading a sewing machine needle was a frustrating experience. One day I picked up a piece of white paper and put it behind the needle and easily threaded it. I think it would work for hand sewing needles as well.

Source: I think this is something that just occurred to me when I was sewing though it could have been something I read at one time.

By Pat from Phoenix, AZ

Answers:

Use White Paper to Help Thread Needles

I do the same thing, works great. Even my bifocals are hard to see with and the white paper does the trick. (06/25/2008)

By theseamstress

Use White Paper to Help Thread Needles

I find the needle threaders work well on the sewing machine as well as regular needles. The white paper will make it even easier. (06/25/2008)

By

Use White Paper to Help Thread Needles

When I thread my machine I just move around so that the light and the silver color of the plate are showing through the eye of the needle. For hand sewing I just hold it so that there is some sort of contrast to the eye and the thread color. At 71, I need all the help I can get. The white paper sounds great though. I'll try that. Thanks! (06/25/2008)

By MartyD

Use White Paper to Help Thread Needles
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Storing Sewing Needles
Storing Sewing Needles
Red Sewing Thread
Crocheting With Sewing Thread
🎄