Uses for Pine Needles

From crafts to household uses, pine needles can be very useful. This is a guide about uses for pine needles.

This guide is about using pine needles in your garden. There are a number of ways this natural material can be used to help you in the garden.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains crafts using pine needles. Pine needles can be a thrifty supply in a variety of projects.

This is a guide about using pine needles as mulch. Keep those pine needles out of your garden refuse can and use them as garden mulch.

I'm currently living abroad where cat litter is twice the US price. My house is located in a small pine tree grove. As dried pine needles on the ground are available I decided to try them as a substitute for commercial cat litter. I put about three inches in the bottom of the litter pan.

My cat did not seem to notice the difference. The urine falls to the bottom beneath the pine needles and when I notice she has created a stool, I empty the entire litter box, rinse it with water, and replace the pine needles. It works fine and is free.

By Bettye from Chantilly, VA