Pine Tree With Brown Needles

Category Tree Health
Browning needles on your pine tree are generally indicative of a problem you need to identify in order to save your tree. This is a guide about a pine tree with brown needles.

The needles on our pine and spruce trees are turning brown. How do we identify the problem, and treat it?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

I can easily see why you are concerned as that is a lot of browned area.

• You do not say where you are located or what USDA zone but apparently you have not seen this type of browning in the past (unless this is a new area to you) so some of this may be a little normal.
  • I believe the only way to find an answer quickly would be to call your area agriculture agency or one of your area's master gardeners.
  • They will be very familiar with any diseases in your area and can give you answers immediately.
  • Ad

• You can Google Agriculture agency with your zip or master gardener with your zip and you should get addresses and phone numbers.
  • Here is a link if you wish to use it.
  • https://www.gar  sion-service.htm

I would do this as soon as you can just in case it is something that needs attention now.

I have a very full beautiful pine tree in my garden, this year some of the branches in one area, the needles look orange/brown (like there is a bug infested and killing it?). Does anyone know what I can do to help save this tree?

By Linn