Using a Dental Floss Threader to Thread Needles

Category Sewing
If you have trouble threading your sewing needles you are not alone. This guide contains tips about using a dental floss threader to thread needles.

You can use dental floss to thread needles. Put a loop of it through the needle and use it as a threader to pull the thread through the sewing needle. Those cheaply made metal ones always break.

Top Comment

I think she means the dental floss threaders can also be used to thread sewing needles. You can buy floss threaders where you buy dental floss, it is used to get dental floss under dental bridges. I've tried it but most of my sewing needles have a small eye and the dental threaders don't fit.

My dentist gave us these floss threaders that help in threading dental floss under bridges, etc.

I found that, by sticking the straight floss portion into the eye of a needle and placing my thread in the looped portion of the floss threader, I can easily thread any needle!

The floss threaders are firm plastic, so they enter the eye of the needle easier.

Just a little hint I thought might help others with the 10 minute needle threading frustration one may encounter when our eyes start to fail us! :)

I have struggled with using regular threaders and thin wire that I have bent in the middle to use as a threader, but I think I have found an ideal threader. I am able to thread 4-ply yarn, crochet thread, and I recently used it to thread my sewing machine.

It is a floss threader for my bridge work. It is called GUM Eez-Thru Floss Threader. There are probably other brands out there. These are made in the USA! They even thread seed beads on elastic thread. The other beads are small also!

I posted about this with pictures on my website, Brenda's Bric-a-Brac.