Finding Dental Care With Bad Credit

Dental care gets expensive very quickly, if you have bad credit it may make it more difficult to get the dental care you need. Finding dental care with bad credit can be difficult, but it's not impossible.

I live in central Florida. I'm severely in need of dental care. I've filled out applications. I've talked to dental offices. And the answer is the same; no credit, no service. I earn too much to get "low cost" help. And being low income, I really can't afford to pay thousands of dollars. And the state of Florida will not offer any help. So, I guess I just let my teeth deteriorate.

Answers

Best Answer

Try to find schools of dentistry near you. Sometimes you have to wait in a LONG line to get the help, but you will get it.

Best Answer

You can apply at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida as this is where the University of Florida does their internship for student dentists. The work is not completely free but a lot less than a regular dentist.

Here is a link with information and a telephone number. You can explain your situation and they may be able to help you.

http://dental.u … estions-answers/

Best Answer

Go to a dental school. My brother-in-law is a dentist. They need people to practice on. They are supervised very closely, and the prices they charge are very low.

Best Answer

You can get help through a dental school/clinic and the cost will be lower than a regular dentist but many people may have a misconception about how they operate. Right now, if you are accepted at the University of Florida dental school/clinic you will have to pay an upfront fee of $180. You may be able to go through their process of asking for a lower fee schedule but not too many qualify. This is usually for ONE procedure (including x-rays) and if more is needed then it will be another procedure. (I have recently talked with someone who went through this program.)

If there is a dental school near you then please check it out. Just Google dental schools with your zip and maybe there will be a school in your area.
After thinking about this, I believe you should maybe try one of the dentist clinics that do work on a sliding scale. their fees are based on your income/family. These are in every city so just try Google with "free dental clinics" and your zip. There will probably be several listed for you to check.

Here is the link to Orlando as an example.

http://www.free … us/ci/fl-orlando