Uses For Popcorn Tins

This is the time of year those pretty, colorful tins are available with 3 kinds of popcorn inside. They make wonderful inexpensive gifts as most people love to eat popcorn. Afterwards, these containers can be used to house most items around anyone's home. They're very useful items.

They can be used at someone's fireplace or wood stove to hold kindling. They can be used to hold magazines or knitting supplies by someone's arm chair or sofa. They can hide away your Christmas lights until next year. They can hide small to medium sized toys, etc., plus being decorative to your home, at the same time. Just attach the lid and no one has to know what's inside,or just leave open, all to your liking. Or use the empty tin to hold a gift for your special someone.

By Terri H. from NV

Answers:

Uses For Popcorn Tins After The Popcorn Is Gone

One of those large popcorn tins will hold a good sized bag of dry dogfood. I used a smaller one for doggy treats. My cockamation would stand and look at that one till I took out a treat for her. (12/04/2007)

By MartyD

Uses For Popcorn Tins

One of the spare popcorn tins I had left I used for a friends' wedding as a place to deposit greeting cards/gift certificates. Because I was covering it with fabric (brocade), I sanded the tin, thoroughly cleaned it, and used double stick carpet tape to adhere the fabric to the tin. I recycled the original lid and made a large diameter, but not too tall, cone made of poster board for the lid and place to deposit the greeting cards. I covered the poster board cone with brocade too. I embellished the edges with strung pearls, added silk flowers and a couple of doves. It was quite beautiful and useful, and reusable! (12/04/2007)

By Squirrley

Uses For Popcorn Tins

Both of my kids use old popcorn tins for the wastebaskets in their rooms. (12/04/2007)

By Mary Ellen

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I have used such a bucket, only it is a Halloween bucket, for years to hold the Halloween treats... it does tend to gain some rust with the years (I've used it for about 9 Halloweens now), but the outside is still an added treat to the trick or treaters. Works great. (12/04/2007)

By jaxinman

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I use the popcorn tins for storing my dog food too.I store my homemade laundry soap in one, too. I think I was lucky. I got 1 at a garage sale for free. Then I got one for .25 cents. Love them for storage. (12/04/2007)

By SUZIN

Uses For Popcorn Tins

You can use them to store birdseed and as flower pot covers for large plants. Use them to store hurricane/bad weather supplies(just grab and go). Fill with emergency supplies and keep in the trunk of your car. (12/04/2007)

By perfume and powder

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I line them with a plastic bag and use them as wastebaskets. We've also used one to hold a bag of ice melt. (12/04/2007)

By Maryeileen

Uses For Popcorn Tins

The smaller versions are good to put chips in for a party. (12/05/2007)

By Sarah

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I've used the popcorn tins as traveling toy boxes for the kids while camping. Each kid had their own tin and was expected to take care of the toys it contained. (01/01/2008)

By Echos

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I cut holes spaced around the sides to make a hen and chicks planter. Turned out pretty good. (01/05/2008)

By J in NE

Uses For Popcorn Tins

Popcorn tins are wonderful! I have used them for many of the purposes already mentioned. This year I am filling them with popcorn, cocoa, movie-type candy, cookies, other snacks, a $5 Blockbuster video card, and a family game for our friends. I have saved all brown paper that I got this year and will use our small shredder to make the filling for the container. Very inexpensive and a fun gift to open and enjoy for the entire family!

I also use a pretty winter scene tin to store my homemade powdered laundry soap. (10/25/2008)

By MtnWmn

Uses For Popcorn Tins

I think it would look cute as a snowman. Paint it out and make some kind of hat for the top. Tie a scarf around, so many cute things you can do! As far as garbage cans go, paint it out in a fun color for a kids room and add dots or wallpaper as trim or stick on flowers and such have fun with it! (11/30/2008)

By KimmyLynn

Uses For Popcorn Tins

Since we recycle Christmas bows from year to year, the tins make a great storage container for them without letting them get smashed, plus the typical holiday decor on them lets me know what is inside. You could also put name tags in with the bows. (12/12/2008)

By ginger

Popcorn Tin Filled with Four Types of Popcorn
Uses for Popcorn Tins
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Uses for Cookie Tins
Reusing Tins
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
🎄