Uses For Tights

Your old or damaged tights can be reused in new ways, including craft projects. This is a guide about uses for tights.

January 27, 2013 Flag

I have no idea how she does it, but my daughter cuts out holes in tights, in the foot part, and wears them as wrist warmers that go all the way up to the elbow.

They are all the rage around here and they are expensive at the store. She cuts out the thumb, and then cuts out a small space for the rest of her hand. I think they are cute. She does like them a lot.

October 31, 2008 Flag

Have you ever used these for tying plants, Opaque Black nylon tights? These were my 17 yr old granddaughter's. I know tan color are used but what about black?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've used the black on my wisteria.

Works like a charm, and lasts for about three years. Hard to see in the foliage, so win/win!

I wouldn't think the colour has anything to do with it. As long as it's a soft, flexable fabric that will stretch when the plants needs it to.

Any color works. And for another use; fill with thistle seed for the wild birds, and hang over a tree branch. GG Vi

July 8, 2005 Flag
Teri Clark0 found this helpful

If you have girls, you undoubtedly have a drawer full of tights that have runs, lost their elastic, or no longer fit. Don't despair! Use those old tights and some fiberfill to create a fun, soft ball!

1. Determine which stocking will be the base of your ball. This will be stocking #1.

2. Cut off part of stocking #1 below the knee

3. Insert the fiberfill through the opening until a very firm ball has been formed.

4. Cut off the leftover piece of stocking to make a round ball.

5. Cut off part of stockings 2 through 4 below the knee

6. Pinch different parts of these tights and cut them to make holes.

7. Insert the ball into stocking #2 and cut off any excess

8. Follow the same procedure from STEP 7 with stocking #3 and stocking #4

Bonus: Since you only used one foot from each pair of tights, you can make another ball. You can either follow the same pattern to make a matching ball, or start with a different color to make a coordinated ball.

Additional Ideas: If you make all the holes the same size and use only black and white stockings, the ball will look like a soccer ball.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 29, 2013
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
A woman wearing a wedding dress with red stockings.
Picking Tights or Stocking Color For Wedding
Uses for Juicer Pulp
Uses for Juicer Pulp