Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".
I have no idea how she does it, but my daughter cuts out holes in tights, in the foot part, and wears them as wrist warmers that go all the way up to the elbow.
They are all the rage around here and they are expensive at the store. She cuts out the thumb, and then cuts out a small space for the rest of her hand. I think they are cute. She does like them a lot.
By Robyn 
If you have girls, you undoubtedly have a drawer full of tights that have runs, lost their elastic, or no longer fit. Don't despair! Use those old tights and some fiberfill to create a fun, soft ball!
1. Determine which stocking will be the base of your ball. This will be stocking #1.
2. Cut off part of stocking #1 below the knee
3. Insert the fiberfill through the opening until a very firm ball has been formed.
4. Cut off the leftover piece of stocking to make a round ball.
5. Cut off part of stockings 2 through 4 below the knee
6. Pinch different parts of these tights and cut them to make holes.
7. Insert the ball into stocking #2 and cut off any excess
8. Follow the same procedure from STEP 7 with stocking #3 and stocking #4
Bonus: Since you only used one foot from each pair of tights, you can make another ball. You can either follow the same pattern to make a matching ball, or start with a different color to make a coordinated ball.
Additional Ideas: If you make all the holes the same size and use only black and white stockings, the ball will look like a soccer ball.
By Teri Clark
Do you like bugs and creepy crawlies? Even if the answer is no, you are sure to love this particular caterpillar! Caterpillars are very cute, especially if they are made with tube socks or tights!
The only thing left to do is to name your new creepy crawly friend!
Additional Ideas: You can use the entire leg of a pair of tights to make an even longer caterpillar! You can also use contrasting yarn to make your caterpillar more colorful.
© 2005 ThriftyFun
By Teri Clark
Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!
Here are questions related to Uses For Tights.
Have you ever used these for tying plants, Opaque Black nylon tights? These were my 17 yr old granddaughter's. I know tan color are used but what about black?
By Vi Johnson 11/07/2008
Any color works. And for another use; fill with thistle seed for the wild birds, and hang over a tree branch. GG Vi