If you have girls, you undoubtedly have a drawer full of tights that have runs, lost their elastic, or no longer fit. Don't despair! Use those old tights and some fiberfill to create a fun, soft ball!
1. Determine which stocking will be the base of your ball. This will be stocking #1.
2. Cut off part of stocking #1 below the knee
3. Insert the fiberfill through the opening until a very firm ball has been formed.
4. Cut off the leftover piece of stocking to make a round ball.
5. Cut off part of stockings 2 through 4 below the knee
6. Pinch different parts of these tights and cut them to make holes.
7. Insert the ball into stocking #2 and cut off any excess
8. Follow the same procedure from STEP 7 with stocking #3 and stocking #4
Bonus: Since you only used one foot from each pair of tights, you can make another ball. You can either follow the same pattern to make a matching ball, or start with a different color to make a coordinated ball.
Additional Ideas: If you make all the holes the same size and use only black and white stockings, the ball will look like a soccer ball.
About The Author: Teri Clark's interest in the new and different has led to a successful online writing career collaborating on nearly 100 books and hundreds of articles as an editor, researcher, ghostwriter and author. The North Carolina resident, along with her husband, homeschools their four children. Learn more at http://ghost-writer.blogspot.com
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!