Uses for Cable Ties

Several colors of cable ties against a white background
It is surprising how many uses you can find for cable ties. This is a guide about uses for cable ties.

I want to know about cable ties and their uses. Please give me some information.

First, they are great for organizing cables. You can use them to tidy up cords for storage or clean up the mess behind your TV or computer.

You can use them to close plastic garbage bags.

They can be uses for repairs if there is something to you need to hold together.

Multiple cable ties can be attached together if you need more length.

If you need to put up a temporary fence, you can use them to attach metal fencing to metal fence polls.

I use a lot of modular shelving, which can be unstable.

I had a particularly tall one going for a while. So I screwed one of those eyehooks to the wall, then tied a cable tie around the top of the shelving unit and the eyehook. This essentially affixed my shelving to the wall, giving the structure needed stability.

Anonymous

I use the hooks that can go on the wall and be removed without hurting the wall. I get the larger ones and then I put a cable tie through my mop and broom handles and I am able to hang them up nicely on my wall, and can move them easily. I love being able to hang them up without having to mount them on the wall with screws. I also have a trailer on the back of my car for my mobility scooter. I used the cable ties to put on a decorative tag on the scooter. I also had a fan that the front part of the fan fell over. It was my fault and broke and the fan was two days old. I used cable ties to put the fan back together. These are fantastic. I can buy a package of 50 small ones at the Dollar Tree for $1.