Use Zip Ties to Support Plants

Zip ties can be a good temporary method of supporting plants that you are trying to train or that have heavy blooms. This is a page about use zip ties to support plants.

When garden plants start to produce, they need extra support. Cable ties are great. They come in many sizes and are inexpensive. You can tie them to a plant stake, another part of the plant, or a fence. At the end of the season, just cut them and dispose of.

I also use cut up panty hose legs and the panty itself for the same purpose.

Zip ties are inexpensive and come in a variety of lengths. I use them to attach my plants to my chain link fence, tomato cage, or pole support.

It keeps the fruit from rotting and also stakes them so they don't steal the sun from other plants.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMay 22, 2017
🎃