Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Uses for Chunks of Concrete (Urbanite)

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Chunks of Concrete (Urbanite)

Whenever a building is demolished there is always pieces of rubble to be disposed of. Urbanite can be reused in your yard or garden in numerous ways. This guide is about uses for chunks of concrete (Urbanite).

Solutions: Uses for Chunks of Concrete (Urbanite)

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Economy Garden Border Stones From Concrete

We have had several neighbors that have demolished concrete patios and courts in their yards. I found if you ask them to jack-hammer the concrete chunks into manageable sizes, about the size of the border stones you pay dearly for to line your flower beds, they will happily accommodate your request as you are removing and/or reducing the 'trash' they will need to have hauled away.

I've hauled enough chunks of concrete (border stones) to line every flower bed in my yard (kind of like putting a jig-saw puzzle as you turn and fit the pieces along side one another) and have excess 'stones' stashed for future projects. It's hard work but the results are amazing and the savings is unbelievable over what you'd have to pay to buy each 'stone' for several dollars each. Neighbors thought I was nuts but the complements when the job was done proved them wrong!

By marycrane from Orange Park, FL Editor's Note: This reclaimed concrete is also known as "Urbanite".

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!