Uses for Cookie Tins

This is a guide about uses for cookie tins. These handy containers are often very decorative as they are, or can be dressed up and reused for a variety of things.

December 23, 2009 Flag

Got some cute cookie tins? Looking for a shortcut to some gift wrapping? I always seem to be running behind and find myself furiously cutting and taping wrapping on Christmas Eve!

Last year I remembered the nice cookie containers I'd received a couple of weeks earlier at our annual cookie exchange. The cookies were in the freezer and the tins were washed and tucked away out of sight. So I took them out of storage and put them to use as "gift boxes" for small items, gift certificates, etc.

It worked out so well that I'm definitely going to use some again this year! The more unusual shapes are great. This year I'm including a star-shaped tin and a tin with a lid that opens like a treasure chest.

Saves paper, tape, and ribbons, puts those pretty cookie tins on display once again, and it's a great way for everybody to recycle them year after year!

By Janet from Howell, MI

Top Comment

Since the cookie tins are eminently reusable, you're really giving two gifts in one this way! Wonderful!

Top Comment

Great idea! For those of us who didn't have a stock of cookie tins (I just moved into apt from motor home) the great tins with ribbons for cheap at Walgreens this Christmas season was a terrific money saver. I made macaroons for the residents of my Senior Apts. and added some colored tissue paper. They loved the tins (and the macaroons!)

September 12, 2008 Flag

What can I do with those left over cookie\candy tins? I know that there have to be some type of crafting I can do with them but I need ideas!

Sheila from NC

Best Answer

My beautiful Grandmother filled a cookie tin with my first sewing supplies, and gave it to me as a birthday present. I've used it for over 40 years. It reminds me that hand sewing was an essential skill when she was young. The new-fangled orange handeled sissors were in it, and I am still using them!

Londa

Best Answer

I saw an idea on here from someone else...they made a 'hugs and kisses' tin

Painted in a relevant way for the recipient with 'hugs and kisses' painted on it and then for it to be filled with lovely chocs...individually wrapped....and a hand made label attached for someone special for if ever they need a hug or kiss to take a scrummy choc and think of you ....

ooooooh I thinks its a lovely gift for children leaving home...grandparents etc

Best Answer

Fill them with homemade candy or cookies and give them away!

Best Answer

Halloween Decoration - I paint my tins in black or orange craft paint and fill them with spider webbing. I have the webbing spill out a little bit. Add spiders, insects, maybe a frog. Put a wooden spoon on top of the decoration. A witches cauldron for a table centerpiece!

Best Answer

November 8, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about crafts made with cookie tins. If you are trying to decide what to do with all of your holiday cookie tins, here are some ideas.

A cookie tin with butter cookies.

October 10, 2008 Flag

With the holidays approaching, its a great time to repurpose those cookie tins. Square and rectangular cookie tins (top and bottom) make great drawer organizers which can be very expensive when bought at the store. They can also be used in tool boxes, in art boxes, for crayons, and for other more "industrial" strength purposes where a regular box might not hold up.

By Amy from Dublin, OH

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersNovember 9, 2016
Uses for Cookie Tins
Reusing Tins
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
🎄