Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

Does anyone have any idea what to do with puzzle pieces, other than a wreath?

Deb from Chippewa Falls, WI

Answers:

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I saw a show on HGTV (perhaps on "Look What I Did") where they used jigsaw puzzle pieces for a wall covering in a powder room. It looked pretty cool. Depending on how many you have, it could be used as an accent wall. (08/23/2008)

By ab19978

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

They are really cute if you buy picture frames that are plain, and decorate them with the puzzles. (08/24/2008)

By Sheila

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have made really neat pins out of them, but I can't find them right now to photograph. You put shiny fabric on the piece (and the larger, kid's pieces are better), and glue the darted (you know you cut out excess) pieces to the back with hot glue. Then, you take spangly crochet thread and start at the back, and wrap it around in different directions between the lower pieces of the puzzle, drawing it in slightly. Hot glue the end, then using E6000 glue, you glue on a pin back. Watch for my submission of this with a photo in the next week or so under crafts from Poor But Proud. (08/25/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

If you pick out the brightly colored ones and coat them with a high-gloss sealant then drill a hole at the top, they'd make wonderful and unusual earrings. You can also drill 2 or 4 holes (1 or 2 at each side) and use beads in between the pieces to make a bracelet or even a funky necklace. If you really want them to have pop, try coating them with a marbleizing compound or melted embossing powder. Or decoupage tiny pictures or flowers from napkins on the pieces before coating with the sealant.

I bet if you really coated them well, then used snap off backs, they would make cute buttons for kids clothing, too. Or even glue some to hat bands for funky hats. How about putting several together to make a 4 inch sort of round thing, then coating these with sealer to make coasters. They would have jagged edges, but that's the neat thing about these abstract coasters. You could do a whole bathroom with them: Just glue them to the waste basket, Kleenex holder and around the mirror then seal with many coats of glossy sealant. What a conversation starter! (08/27/2008)

By Cyinda

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have seen them put around a picture frame or inside a picture frame. Once someone put them on an old coffee table that was stained up pretty badly and arranged them, glued them a bit, and put a piece of glass over them. Good luck! (08/27/2008)

By Dorene from IL

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have a Christmas pin that is made out of puzzles pieces. It is a reindeer, make in shape of deer head, use the little craft eyes and put pipe cleaners for antlers and a tiny red chenille ball for the nose. Oh, yes before you start spray paint the pieces brown. (08/27/2008)

By leedabeeda

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have used the old puzzles to make new puzzles. By gluing a picture of the kids on it or a picture the kids have colored. With an X-acto knife I cut around the pieces. I mail them to the kids and they have to put them together to see what they are. I've even written notes on them. They have to put them together to find out the message, too. (08/27/2008)

By Cariboo Lady

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

Paint to match outfits and hot glue an earring post on back. Gluing 2 or 3 pieces together looks fancy, too. You can also make a brooch with 6 pieces. Adding glitter on top of the paint looks fancy, too. (08/28/2008)

By Sandi

Jigsaw puzzle piece picture frame
Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎄