Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Laundry Baskets

Clothes baskets can be used in a variety of ways around the house. This guide is about uses for laundry baskets.

August 14, 2007 Flag

Having to carry groceries from my car into my apartment is always a challenge. Add a two year old in tow, stairs to climb, and possible icy sidewalks in the winter, and you have disaster waiting to happen. Since I only have so many hands for shopping bags and hand holding, I now leave a laundry basket in my van when I go shopping.

I can usually fit all of the bags into the basket. Since it is contoured for hip carrying, I still have a hand free for my son. The plastic makes it easy to clean up if there are any spills and I don't worry about it breaking like the flimsy cardboard boxes you can buy at the grocery store.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I do this too, mostly when I go to Aldi's. They charge for bags or you can take their boxes for free, and I get tired of recycling all that cardboard. I also have an insulated bag in the car in summer. Makes grocery-shopping a little easier.

July 21, 2014 Flag

When we are going to be shopping at Sam's Club, where they do not bag the groceries we purchase, I put my laundry basket in the truck of the car. When unloading the shopping cart, we put the items into the laundry basket. When we get home, it makes bringing the items into the house much easier for the two of us.

I think I will start doing this for all of my shopping and just get my husband to come out and help me when the basket is heavy.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh, I forgot to say that I also put cold items in one basket and regular items in the other. Sometimes I only take the "cold" basket into the house and put them away and go back out and the the "hot" items later. I came up with that idea when my daughter was a baby and I wanted to get her settled quicker.

September 21, 2010 Flag

Use the bottom of a broken plastic laundry basket as a boot tray for muddy shoes. Cut the broken top off and discard. The boot tray can easily be hosed off to keep it clean.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Who'd have thought? Great idea.

September 25, 2013 Flag

With my first child, we lived in a very small space and had very little income. A bassinet seemed like a good idea until I could afford a crib, but there was no money for one.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 16, 2008 Flag

Since I go to the local laundromat to wash my clothes, I wanted to put my clothes back in the laundry baskets when they were dry. My concern was the baskets were dirty.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceNovember 27, 2012
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 8, 2017 at 7:49:04 PM on 10.0.2.106 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.