Laundry Basket to Transport Warehouse Purchases

When we are going to be shopping at Sam's Club, where they do not bag the groceries we purchase, I put my laundry basket in the truck of the car. When unloading the shopping cart, we put the items into the laundry basket. When we get home, it makes bringing the items into the house much easier for the two of us.

I think I will start doing this for all of my shopping and just get my husband to come out and help me when the basket is heavy.

I do this for my every week shopping! I love it! I take two laundry baskets, that way they don't get too heavy to lift. Also a good idea if you go to yard sales. Bring some hand or dish towels to wrap glass items. Keeps things from rolling around getting damaged.

We purchased a large watermelon from a fruit stand the other day. I didn't have the laundry basket in the car at the time and the melon rolled around every time we made a stop. The laundry basket sure would have come in handy for that also.

Oh, I forgot to say that I also put cold items in one basket and regular items in the other. Sometimes I only take the "cold" basket into the house and put them away and go back out and the the "hot" items later.

I came up with that idea when my daughter was a baby and I wanted to get her settled quicker.

What a great idea. Am going to put it in my car this evening when I shop.