Uses for Laundry Baskets

Having to carry groceries from my car into my apartment is always a challenge. Add a two year old in tow, stairs to climb, and possible icy sidewalks in the winter, and you have disaster waiting to happen. Since I only have so many hands for shopping bags and hand holding, I now leave a laundry basket in my van when I go shopping.

I can usually fit all of the bags into the basket. Since it is contoured for hip carrying, I still have a hand free for my son. The plastic makes it easy to clean up if there are any spills and I don't worry about it breaking like the flimsy cardboard boxes you can buy at the grocery store.

4 More Solutions

Use the bottom of a broken plastic laundry basket as a boot tray for muddy shoes. Cut the broken top off and discard. The boot tray can easily be hosed off to keep it clean.

When we are going to be shopping at Sam's Club, where they do not bag the groceries we purchase, I put my laundry basket in the truck of the car. When unloading the shopping cart, we put the items into the laundry basket.

With my first child, we lived in a very small space and had very little income. A bassinet seemed like a good idea until I could afford a crib, but there was no money for one.

Since I go to the local laundromat to wash my clothes, I wanted to put my clothes back in the laundry baskets when they were dry. My concern was the baskets were dirty.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceNovember 27, 2012
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Laundry-Baskets.html