Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

I have a stash of items that I need ideas of how to use them rather than throwing them away. What can I do with liquid laundy detergent caps?

Thanks for any ideas.

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

You won't believe that I also collect the caps from laundry detergent bottles and have no idea why! I keep the spherical ones on the window sill - and sometimes use them to water house plants. I thought I would paint them in bright colours to make a costume jewelery necklace.

I had it on my mind to collect lots of frosted plastic and make my very own contemporary sculpture (I even bought silver spray paint!)

I collected toothpaste lids and perfume lids, and clothing packaging AND I WILL MAKE THAT SCULPTURE (one day). If you have any good suggestions please let me know! I'm 5,000 miles away from you, but you're a true spendthrift (like me). (05/23/2005)

By Julie UK

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

Drill tiny holes on both sides, wire 2 of them together, you have xmas decorations for outdoor use. Paint them different colors, give them to the kids to use as large checkers for checker game. (05/23/2005)

By Rosa

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

You can store small things like paper clips, safety pins or push pins (thumbtacs) so that they are easy to get to. Decorate by gluing a ribbon around it. Maybe you could poke a hole in the bottoms and start seedlings in them. (05/24/2005)

By Debbie

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

This could be used for individual party favours. Drill a hole on each side and use a chenille stems (pipe cleaner type) to thread through to form a handle.

Make little bedside flower arrangements for patients in nursing homes.

Use in medicine cabinet to hold a tube of tooth paste.

By Syd

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

You could use those tops to slowly water your house plants by putting a small hole in them and then put in your house plant and add the water, it would trickle out gently and water your house plants. Like the one lady, I use mine for small items. The bottles usually make good scoops if cut right. They also make good planters. Good luck! (05/24/2005)

By jaxi3

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

Use them as sand toys for children. (05/24/2005)

By Katie A.

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

If you have a daughter who plays with Barbie dolls. Use detergent lids to make planters for Barbie's apartment. Put in some modeling clay & a plastic bush, shrub or tree. Allow the modeling clay to dry.

Decorate the toothpaste lids with markers, etc. and drill a hole thru the lid and string to make necklaces with the lids. (05/25/2005)

By badwater

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

I use them in my own personal tool box to store nails and screws and such. Lipstick stands up great in these. Children can cut circles in play-dough or trace circles on the outside of them. Also, they can used as a hat for a snowman that you already have or one that you would like to make. (06/02/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

Sometimes, if a knob breaks off of an appliance or etc. you can attach a toothpaste lid or other small lid with strong glue or a screw. You might even spray paint the lid to match the appliance, before attaching. (06/14/2006)

By AnnMel

Uses for Liquid Laundry Detergent Caps

They can be marked and used for 1/4 to 1/2-cup measures for camping trips, rather than use your good kitchen measuring cups. (02/13/2007)

By Dale in DeLand

Some of those laundry detergent caps will actually screw onto one another. I put a ping pong ball sized reindeer bell into the caps and screw it tightly closed, then give it to one of the smaller grandkids. They can't unscrew it and they'll walk around shaking it for hours. You can visit and still know where the grandkid is inside the house.

Some of those laundry detergent caps will screw onto each other and you can put a ping pong ball sized Christmas bell into it and the 1 year old grandchild will shake that for hours. You can hear where he is inside the house while you visit with your family. Also those caps will screw onto beef bullion cube jars. You can store larger things in the jars with a taller cap. Judy

Uses for Laundry Detergent Caps, Laundry detergent bottle with red cap.
Uses for Laundry Detergent Caps
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
transparent container of liquid laundry detergent
Other Uses for Laundry Detergent
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops