Uses for Old Satellite Dishes

Category Reusing
Old Satellite Dish
Whether it was used for television or the internet you can end up with an unneeded dish. This guide is about uses for old satellite dishes.

I am always seeing in the " free " section of the local paper.. "Come get it free satellite dish" there must be some sort of "good" practical use for those antennas besides letting them go to the dump? I am going insane trying to figure out some sort of use for them? Thanks for you help!
~OOO~
three_zeros (at) webtv (dot) net

Good idea! It is something there are a lot of out there. The big ones are probably most useful for building but the small ones might make good costume pieces, etc. Here are some links I found but I haven't found much. I remembered the first one from seeing it in the magazine.

Reusing a big dish for a gazebo roof:

http://www.moth … =arc&id=6802

Using them as a canvas for artwork:

http://www.artw … _satellite.shtml

-Susan

try looking up info on making a solar cooker. You could line one with foil as a base.

My uncle had a tenant leave one in the backyard of one of his rentals. My uncle took it home and dug a hole in his backyard to fit the dish into and lined it with visqueen (I think that is what he lined it with) and wrapped the edges underneath the dish and filled it with water and added a fountain pump to it and put goldfish in it and stacked pretty rocks all around the edges. It looked very nice!

I am not sure if those are made of metal or not, but maybe you could use one as a barbecue pit in your backyard like the new styles people pay big bucks for to have a barbecue pit in the city. ???

How about a mosaic for objet d'art, sink (with hole drilled in bottom), indoor or outdoor fountain base. Put two mosaics together with hole in top for a closed fountain *

<*>