Uses for Old Satellite Dishes

Whether it was used for television or the internet you can end up with an unneeded dish. This guide is about uses for old satellite dishes.

August 31, 2004 Flag

I am always seeing in the " free " section of the local paper.. "Come get it free satellite dish" there must be some sort of "good" practical use for those antennas besides letting them go to the dump? I am going insane trying to figure out some sort of use for them? Thanks for you help!

~OOO~
three_zeros (at) webtv (dot) net

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What about making it into a sundial for your garden? IT would be beautiful, well when you're done decorating it, and practical. That way when you're outside tending your garden you wouldn't have to wear a watch and you still be able to keep an eye on the time.

We used one as a roof for an old glider (contraption with 2 swings that face each other and swing back and forth).

I've seen where people have spray painted the black mesh satellite dishes a pretty pastel color. Then turned them upside down & put them on top a 5'-6' post. Then hung "S" hooks on the round edges, to hang flower pots off the "S" hooks. Attractive. Nice recycling idea!! Anything to keep them out of the landfills. Also, could use the idea on one of the previous ideas about the fountain, but instead, turn it into an attractive flower bed holder!

Backyard living magazine showed a couple who had one of the old ones which is huge and they turned it upside down and attached it to some tall poles and made a little spot where they could sit under it.

I seem to recall seeing an article in a gardening-related magaizine that suggested using one for a shallow pond-like structure. On the other hand, neighbors of mine are researching the idea of using one for the roof of a dome shed to be built very soon.

Go here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/ and read the FTA forum. You will learn that these things are NOT necessarily obsolete, there are a lot of people who still use them for their original purpose.

I saw online where they are making gazebos out of the big 10 ft ones!!! Its awesome!!! Very creative and looks great.

Sharon

Is there anyone out there who knows how we can get rid of a very large dish in Sun City, Arizona? Thank you.

Can they be used as a fire pit?

Send all these used satellites to me! email me recyclesatellite@hotmail.com or call me 989-545-5978

I need as many as possible 100s even 1000s

we recycle them properly!!

call or email for shipping arrangments!!

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 30, 2013
hdtv
Saving Money on an HD Antenna
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 1:20:52 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.