Moon Photos

Category Scenery
Throughout the year, there are so many beautiful views of this earth satellite, that can make wonderful photographs. This page contains moon photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

This is a collage of five images of the December 21 lunar eclipse that I took from my backyard in Sarasota, Florida. My family members were all asleep during the eclipse, so I took these photos to share the experience with them.

Collage of eclipse photos.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 71

My sister is a missionary and they shared this picture of how beautiful the moon is over the ocean. Yes, this is the MOON!

By Robyn Fed

Moon in Africa.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 28

This photo was taken at night during the "big" full moon.

Moon seen through tree branches.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 23

I caught this image from out in front of our home. Nature creates such beautiful scenery.

A dark blue sky with a hazy moon over the trees in the distance.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

I took this picture of the moon last winter.

Harvest Moon Through the Trees

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

During the summer months here on the island you can walk out at dusk and see the sun set over the water and also view the full moon rising at the same time. This night the sky was so clean and the moon was so bright as I sat and watched the sun set over the lagoon and the moon rise at the same time.

New Moon Rising - moon rise on Tahiti

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Dusk moon with a bird flying by.

Moon with pink clouds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Took the dog outside for a late night walk and noticed the moon coming up. When I got outside with my camera, it seemed to be nestled into cedar tree branches.

The sky had a deep blue appearance which set off the golden color of the moon.

Moon Glowing Through Trees

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

We were outside tonight and enjoyed gazing at this pretty full moon as it started to cool off. Always a special sight to see!

A full moon over a neighborhood.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

We have a big old tree in our backyard. I was busy doing some errands on the back porch. It was quite cold; it seems as if we skipped autumn and went straight to winter.

I couldn't help but notice the moon framed through the tree branches. A great reminder that even during the winter nature can still surprise us!

One Cold Wintry Night - very dark view of tree and night moon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

It is the early evening of January 1st 2017 and we are treated with a clear sky and fairy tale moon. You can almost imagine a child snuggle up on it in a blanket. Does anyone know what the bright star is "nearby" ?

Fairy Tale Moon - moon over rooftop with star to the left

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Such a beautiful February night with a full moon rising after a crisp snow. I can still smell the freshness in the air and the calm around me as I take the picture.

Full moon through snowy trees.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I took this picture about 1 hour ago. It looks like two moons, and I thought that was just too cool.

Moon photo.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I tried to take a photo of the most awesome looking moon tonight through the trees but couldn't capture it the way I wanted to :-( Emailed it to a friend even though I was disappointed and he said, "You tried to take a picture of the moon but a ghost got in the way" ;-)

A moon photograph that resembles a ghost.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Took this picture of the moon while we had the kids at the drive-in movie theater. It was beautiful!

By Emily

Scenery: Moon

Answers:

Scenery: Moon

Drive-in movie? Where is that located? Oh' and the photo is nice. (08/20/2010)

By Paula

Scenery: Moon

I am definitely a "moon person" rather than a "sun worshiper", and this is just the type of photo I love best. It's really beautiful, a little bit mysterious, cool (rather than warm) looking and the clouds passing over it very interesting. We're not even seen a drive-in movie in over 30 years. Glad to know they are still out there somewhere. A big thumb's up and thanks for sharing.

Pookarina (08/20/2010)

By Julia

Scenery: Moon

Beautiful photo of the Moon! (We have one drive-in movie theater left in Northeastern Ohio.) (08/20/2010)

By Maryeileen

Scenery: Moon

I haven't been to the drive-in for years, either. We used to go all the time when I was a kid growing up in IN. Boy, do I miss it! Not that I could see the moon or the movie these days, lol! Thanks for letting me see it through your eyes, you and Pookarina. :D (08/23/2010)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

Photos SceneryOctober 17, 2013
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Moon-Photos.html