Viewing a Lunar Eclipse

A lunar eclipse is when the moon passes through the shadow of the Earth. This can only happen on the night of a full moon. Lunar eclipses occur a few times every year, although a total eclipse happens more rarely.

There will be a total lunar eclipse this Saturday evening. People who live in Europe will get the whole show but the U.S. East Coast will see the moon come up fully eclipsed. It should be a beautiful sight if the skies are clear.

I live in the cloudy Pacific Northwest so will probably miss even the tail end of the thing. I'm waiting anxiously for the next one on August 28th, which will be best visible from the West Coast but will be in the middle of the night.

If anyone gets any photos, please post them for everyone to see.

Jess

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/070302_ns_eclipse_elsewhere.html

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

This is a collage of five images of the December 21 lunar eclipse that I took from my backyard in Sarasota, Florida. My family members were all asleep during the eclipse, so I took these photos to share the experience with them.

Collage of eclipse photos.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 71
Education AstronomyOctober 16, 2020
😷
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Viewing-a-Lunar-Eclipse.html