Uses for Spearmint

Spearmint has many culinary, herbal remedy, and other surprising uses. This is a guide about uses for spearmint.

July 13, 2010 Flag

If you have ever planted spearmint, you know that it is prolific! I have lots of it, and lots to spare. So here are 12 things to do with spearmint!
  1. I place a branch (with leaves) in my car. When the sunlight heats it up, it releases its delicious scent naturally in the car and the leaves are even drying out for other uses!

2. Leave branches by open windows to add a fresh scent in the house.

3. Add a few leaves in your bathwater.

4. Sprinkle leaves in a dish in the bathroom to keep smells at bay.

5. Leaves in the cat litter box won't hurt either and cats seem to actually like the leaves! Catnip IS a mint you know!

6. Leaves left by any small critter cage (gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, etc) fights odors too.

7. A few leaves and a touch of oil or water in my electric potpourri smells great!

8. Of course it can be dried as a potpourri.

9. A sprig next to my bed stand it very relaxing at nighttime.

10. Keep a fresh sprig in a plastic bag in a purse or refrigerator is great for freshening breath after dinner, preventing stomach upsets, and may help you not to overindulge with sweets/unnecessary calories! It may be left on each person's plate for a fancy addition after a particularly spicy or garlicky meal.

11. They may be left in your shoes or sneakers to freshen them in between wears!

12. Plus they may be rubbed onto the skin when you get hot and start to perspire!

I haven't even mentioned all the wonderful drinks and foods it is normally added to! Some folks freeze a few leaves in ice cube trays to add to soups or drinks too! Fun and fancy. Enjoy!

By AHA! from Sterling, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

PainterLee, I'll race you to the store! I love this list!

January 28, 2017 Flag

Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Salts

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The combined scents of eucalyptus and spearmint can be quite refreshing, making it a good choice for homemade bath salts. This is a guide about eucalyptus spearmint bath salts.

May 4, 2007 Flag

Beware of the coming seasonal flying insects that are attracted to floral and fruity scents! Be as safe as possible and invest in a bottle of Ivory Liquid dish soap and put 10-12 drops of wintergreen, spearmint or peppermint essential oil in it and shake it up! You will feel especially clean and the bugs will like you a lot less! (I use mine on my person and in my hair!)

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Peppermint is what you want, I am 80% sure the others are poison. and never apply oil direct to skin, this dilution method is good.

:-)

oh, and mint grows very well, comes back every year like a plague. Great plant to have.

November 11, 2013 Flag

Several years ago, I was at a spa. Upon arrival, I was served an ice-cold glass of water. The water tasted different and I asked the attendant what was in it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 1, 2005 Flag

Wash, dry, and store fresh spearmint from your garden in a plastic baggy in the fridge for 4-5 days. Add to tea being brewed or add fresh leaves to iced tea along with fresh lemon and sweetener of choice. Amazingly refreshing!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsJuly 19, 2013
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Uses for Juicer Pulp
Uses for Juicer Pulp
Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Salts
Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Salts
Spearmint growing in a container.
Growing Spearmint
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 3:49:38 AM on 10.0.0.44 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.