Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

Ideas for reusing styrofoam trays that come with many cuts of meat. Post your ideas!

Answers:

Re-use Styrofoam Meat Trays

I save and re-use the styrofoam meat trays for holding a lot of my homemade candy, cookies and goodies, as gifts. Also great for Bake Sales.

I wash the trays in hot water, to which it have added a SMALL amount of Clorox and dish soap.

Rinse thoroughly and let air dry for a day. Store in large plastic bag securely closed, until needed for use. Re-rinse and dry before use.

I wrap the tray entirely with aluminum foil. Arrange the homemade goodies on them. Wrap the entire package with plastic wrap.

Cut a pretty picture from greeting card, scotch tape it to top, add a bow and gift tag.

Makes a very pretty, sturdy, free tray for your home made gifts.(10/31/2004)

By Gladys

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

If you use the air dry cycle, you can wash them in the dishwasher. No worries about lurking bacteria! (10/31/2004)

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

I wash the trays and use them for drying flower seeds, as saucers for small potted plants ( and large), as trays, and for drying herbs. (10/31/2004)

By seeyude

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

I have a friend that paints a lot. She uses the meat trays as her palette. (11/02/2004)

By jeangnme46

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

After you wash them, they can be used just like shrinky dinks. A low oven and a watchful eye turns out some pretty neat ideas. Ornaments, keychain and bracelet danglers, even gift tags. Just be sure and watch them! Plus they come in all colors. (11/04/2004)

By Paula

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

I stapled foam trays to the inside of our dog's house one winter. It was sooo warm! He was full-grown, so he didn't chew on them. BTW, then I stapled overlapping denim squares to the inside of the doorway, and heavy plastic to the outside to keep out rain and snow. He loved it! (08/23/2005)

By LizCar

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

Neat, although I just want to recycle mine. Does anyone know of a place that accepts styrofoam trays that have #2 on the back? I would be willing to mail them somewhere. (07/07/2007)

By Abby

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

Hello. There is machine known as Styromelt that is in use in Europe. It is call the TP Series Recycling Machine in the States. It takes used uncleaned styrofoam and reduces it down by 95%. The end product is sterile an valuable. In Europe, the steel industry is using the biproduct for fuel as it burns hotter and much cleaner than coal. TP Machines are too large for personal home use but perfect for industrial, stadiums, malls, fast food, or retailers who use and throw away large amounts of styrofoam. For more info: www.teampeace.com or http://web.mac.com/tpii. Naturally I believe that every city council should have machines for use in their municipality. (10/08/2007)

By thebside

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

If you have too many for you to use - most preschools would love to have your surplus for art projects for the children. Thanks. (05/11/2008)

By Theresa

Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

I use meat trays to hold parts, screws, nuts, washers, etc. When I'm repairing appliances so they don't get lost or mixed up with other projects that are in progress. (03/21/2009)

By Voyageur

Black styrofoam meat tray against a white background
Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays
Styrofoam Ice Chest
Crafts Using Styrofoam Ice Chests
Styrofoam Packing Peanuts
Recycling Styrofoam
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers
🎉
🎄