Uses for Sunflower Oil

Category Food Info
sunflower oil and seeds
Sunflower oil has many uses other than in cooking. It can be used for beauty and cleaning. This is a guide about uses for sunflower oil.

For years I have used Oil of Olay moisturizer for my face and loved the results. Now I am trying to be more frugal, but don't want to lose my smooth skin. Here is what I have learned from a dermatologist. Sunflower oil is very good for the skin.

So when my Oil of Olay is half full, I fill the jar back up with sunflower oil, mix well, and use it for my moisturizer. It only takes a drop for my whole face and neck to feel wonderful. I have been practicing this for three months now and love the results.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

1 teaspoon of sunflower oil keeps my bathtub, the old claw type of bathtub, free of bathtub ring, and I like how the sunflower oil is not as greasy as some of the other oils.

Sunflower oil is on the same aisle as all the other cooking oils.

I also use it in a bottle, 1 tsp of sunflower oil, fill the bottle with water and add 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tsp lemon juice. It adds highlights to hair and is a good conditioner.

Keep old washed out soap or lotion dispensers filled with white vinegar and a little sunflower oil. This makes a safer hand disinfectant than you can buy in stores. There is some debate as to how safe the antibacterial lotions are for the hands and the body as it seeps in and is actually closer to a pesticide. Vinegar is a natural cleaner that will kill germs. The sunflower oil will keep skin soft. Also rubbing alcohol and sunflower oil make good hand rubs too, but I like the vinegar better since it is safer.

By Racer