Sugar Tips and Tricks

This might sound funny, but I will explain. Being a diabetic, I recently discovered that the sugar cubes are portion controlled and better for me than artificial sweeteners, which make me sick.

However, sometimes I need to sprinkle sugar on say spaghetti sauce or chili. I came up with this little trick. Simply put the cubes between two saucers and gently rock them back and forth, pressing down. You will crush the cube between the nested saucers and then you can sprinkle away!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

8 More Solutions

If you have marshmallows, put 3-5 inside the jar where you store sugar. The marshmallows will absorb the air inside the jar that causes the sugar to clump.

Marshmallows being placed in a glass jar.

If you don't have decorator sugar, you can make some by placing 1/4 cup granulated sugar into a re-sealable plastic food bag. Add the desired food color, one drop at a time.

I came in from the store having bought sugar on sale, and was looking for another cannister to put it in when I spied the new 2 quart lidded pitcher I had picked up at the dollar store the day before. Sure enough - the pitcher makes a great and handy container for sugar.

If I wanted to use marshmallow cream in place of 1/4 cup of sugar to sweeten a recipe, what would the conversion be?

Answers

Replacing sugar in a recipe

1. You can replace sugar with so many other foods or syrups.
  2. For example, you can use honey, or even maple syrup.
  3. You can even use bananas to replace sugar.
  4. Some people like to use agave or even stevia.
  5. Unfortunately, I can find anyone who has ever tried to use marshmallow cream in place of sugar.
  6. I personally don't think this can be done. I am so sorry. I have searched and searched and in the end nobody has ever done this before.

It seems that they are both just as sweet. I would try 1/4 cup. You have nothing to lose.

A substitution may work in some recipes but may not mix properly in others.

• Marshmallow Cream has several other ingredients so think about that before you substitute.
  • Here is a list of common ingredients:
  • Corn Syrup, Sugar, Water, Egg Whites, Artificial Flavor, Cream of Tartar, Xanthan Gum, Artificial Color
  • It is possible you have no sugar at the moment and just wish to substitute something for a recipe right now so I would say to try about the same amount as sugar in recipe and hope for the best.
Answer this Question

Granulated sugar should be store in a sealed container in a cool dry location. If sugar is a free from pests and other contaminants and stored properly, it has an indefinite shelf life. Keep reading for more tips and information about storing sugar.

Storing Sugar

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about fixing a recipe with too much sugar. When the directions you followed have made your recipe too sweet, there are a few ways to tone it down.

granulated and cube sugar

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page is about making homemade sugar cubes. A fun way to have festive sugar for a party or gathering is to make your own cubes.

Homemade Sugar Cubes

When sugar gets hard, there are ways to make it useful. This page is about softening granulated sugar.

Softening Granulated Sugar

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food InfoNovember 3, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sugar-Tips-and-Tricks.html