Using Less Laundry Soap

When doing laundry, only use 1/4-1/2 of the amount of laundry soap the box calls for. It cleans clothes just as well and makes the laundry soap last twice as long.

By Susan from Giddings, TX

Using Laundry Soap

I also do this. I recently learned you can add baking soda to detergent to make it stretch. I now add a box of baking soda to a box of detergent. Works great. (07/16/2008)

By lfsm1963

Using Laundry Soap

Also according to my husband, the appliance tech, the less soap the less build-up you will experience and keep maintenance costs down.

Using Less Laundry Soap

I also use about half of the recommended amount of soap. I have soft water, and find that this is enough, unless one has particularly dirty clothes, such as heavily soiled work clothes.(07/17/2008)

By louel53

Using Less Laundry Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
package of soap
Using Fels Naptha Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale