Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
backyard pool

If the pool water does not contain chemicals, it may be used to water gardens. This guide is about using swimming pool water for plants.

Solutions: Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Reuse Kiddie Pool Water For Plants

My daughter purchased a kiddie pool large enough to hold an adult sized raft. She sunbathes in the privacy of our yard (I already lectured her about sun damage) and it's less expensive than joining a country club.

But the reason I am writing about this pool is because sometimes the wind blows the cover off and it fills with leaves, dirt, twigs... I told her to let me know when it's time to change the water and I'd use it to water the veggie garden and plants.

Need to figure out a pump system because dragging that bucket back and forth is for the birds.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Editor's Note: For pumping out the water, you could try using an aquarium siphon.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants.

Question: Using Pool Water for My Garden

I have a 10 ft splash pool. I don't use chlorine in my pool. I use Sanit-eazy which is supposed to be gentle on skin and eyes. Can anyone advise me if the water will be ok to use on my garden?

By MB

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. [4]02/14/2014

I don't know what that product is, but if it is safe for humans to be in, I would think it would be fine for plants. You can water plants with grey water, so I don't see why your pool water wouldn't be perfectly fine.

Question: Using Swimming Pool Water To Water Plants

I was wondering what will happen to my two week old tomato plants now that my neighbor has emptied his swimming pool and flooded my new garden site. Will the chlorine kill or hurt them and is there anything I can do to save them?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By GELMAN from Jamestown, KY

Most Recent Answer

By Shira Batya Lewin S.06/05/2013

There's a very simple answer to this problem. First test the level of chlorine in your pool. Then if it is high, you neutralise the chlorine to a safe level before using the water in your garden. Sodium thiosulfate can be used to neutralise chlorine. And it is readily available on eBay. Happy watering all!