Using it all - Lemons

Squeeze Only the Desired Amount

Many recipes call for a squeeze of lemon juice. Well, after wasting many lemons in cutting them open, I found a more thrifty way for a dab of lemon juice. Here it is.

For a small amount of fresh lemon juice, poke a hole in the lemon with a toothpick and squeeze out the desired amount.

Just put the lemon in a plastic bag in the fridge and save for the next time.

By Carolyn from East Northport

Getting More Juice Out of Lemons

Submerge lemons in hot tap water before squeezing and it will yield almost twice as much juice.

Using it all - Lemons

If you heat the lemon in the microwave for about a minute, you'll get more juice out of it. (10/21/2005)

By Edisto

Using it all - Lemons

If you roll it on the counter top or table first, (pressing quite hard with your hand) greater juice-yield too. (10/23/2005)

By kiwi eema

Using it all - Lemons

I have a lovely bowl on my kitchen table for bananas and lemons. I keep the lemons in the fridge for longer life. For better juice, I take what I'll need that day and put them in the bowl to come to room temperature. Life imitates still life. (06/03/2006)

By the Oracle

Using It All - Lemons
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes