Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Valentine's Day Ideas for Long Distance Relationships

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Long Distance Valentines

Long distance relationships can be difficult, especially on Valentine's Day. This is guide contains Valentine's Day ideas for couples in a long distance relationship.

Here are questions related to Valentine's Day Ideas for Long Distance Relationships.

Question: Long Distance Relationships and Valentine's Day

Heart stickers showing distance on a map.My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 and a a half years. I need ideas for what to do/get him! We're both juniors in high school and I just want to do something really cute or something.

By Jasmine

Most Recent Answer

By cherie01/28/2012

Why don't you hand make something for him maybe a memory book with pictures of the two of you together, or even bake cookies and send it with a nice card? What ever you do make sure you send him something boys are just as sensitive as girls when it comes to Valentine's day.

Question: Valentine's Day Ideas for Long Distance Relationship

I'm having difficulty coming up with something meaningful for Valentines Day for a very special girl. We are college age, and in a long distance relationship. We have been dating for well over a year, and nearing two, so we have used many ideas already. The trouble comes in with the distance. I cannot be there and I'm financially tight with being in school.

I'm trying to tailor something to her, and want it to be as meaningful and personal as possible. Any assistance would be great! Things she likes: dogs (pugs), softball, orange tootsie pops, helping people. She is an extremely caring person, family oriented, laid back.

Douglas from Tulsa

Best Answers

By Leah02/01/2010

My boyfriend and I are doing the long distance thing right now while I'm in London for a semester abroad program (we're in college). We'll be apart for four months, so right before I left, I made him a mix CD of songs that are special to us from records we listened to a lot or that he would play on the guitar. They are songs that I associate with certain moments spent with him, that we danced to once or just being with him and hearing a certain lyric that was perfect, and songs I like and want him to hear.

I made the case out of printer paper, decorated it, and mailed it to him with a letter containing a track list for the CD. Each song on the list was accompanied by a few sentences explaining why I chose that particular song. He got it a few days after I left and absolutely loved it. In fact, he's returning the favor!

So, pick some songs that have special meaning between the two of you, or songs that you personally love, for a mix tape. It costs practically nothing, just the price of a blank CD, and can be very thoughtful, romantic, and personal. It might be cheesy, but it's a lot of fun, especially if you trade mixes. I can't wait for mine to get here so I can hear the songs he picked out for me!

Best Answers

02/02/2009

My husband and I are both in the military and dated long distance for 7 years before we got married last month. We are apart for another year still so we have come up with ways to feel like we are closer together. Skype with a camera on your computer is a great way to be face to face with your person, we get on to talk all the time, and just to see each others face.

For Valentine's Day we both cook the exact same meal then sit down in front of Skype and eat it together, it's the next best thing. He also sent me one card a day in the mail leading up to Valentine's Day. It gave me something to look forward to. Just show her how much you care and how special she is and you can't go wrong!

Best Answers

By 8 Hours Apart (Guest Post)01/30/2009

My boyfriend and I have a long distance relationship while we are in college. We are also tight on money! Last year he sent me a message in a bottle. He used a glass juice or pop bottle (like Fuzze) and took off the label. Inside he filled it with fake rose petals that you can find pretty much anywhere around V-day. He also wrote a beautiful love note to me and tied it up with a pink ribbon. He found a cork that fit the bottle perfectly and wrapped more ribbon around the mouth of the bottle.

He then shipped it to my roommate and had her put it in our toilet! She made SURE it was PERFECTLY clean when she did so! It was just a nice will surprise and I still carry it with me everywhere I go!

Best Answers

By tanita (Guest Post)01/29/2009

I am in the same boat here. Except I am the girl. My boy friend will be returning home in about 2 months. So, what I am doing for him is sending a sexy Valentine's Day outfit for me to wear and some Valentine's Day boxers for him to wear. Inside the box is Valentine's Day confetti and loads of candy. (Of course it will be sent out in the over night mail ). I also placed a coupon in there that I bought from a store called Spencers . It is a " anything, anytime you want it " coupon. I guess you could say it's cheesey but I know my guy will love it!

Solutions: Valentine's Day Ideas for Long Distance Relationships

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!