Vinegar And Honey for Arthritis Pain

By Irene M. 20

contest winner icon

This is an old wives tale, but it works! Mix in a glass 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey. (The amounts can vary according to taste). Mix well and drink. Follow with a glass of water.

I have recommended this remedy to many friends and they are amazed. It's all natural. Continue at least twice a day until the pain is relieved or gone. Sometimes this can take a week or even up to six weeks.

Source: An old book what about what vinegar can do. I don't remember the name.

By Irene from Williston, FL

Showing: Comments Sort

By mary knight 21 122 Flag

Since it can take up to 6 weeks to work, who is to stay whether or not the arthritis is in a remission on its own, perhaps in reaction to a change in weather or other dietary or physical rationale. However, I have noticed that I have tight muscles in my calves and legs, and it seems to be related to eating sometimes The vinegar is a wonderful digestive aid. My aches and pains are crippling at times, maybe a form of arthritis, and I am going to start my regimen of vinegar and honey now! I love this tip and give it a thumbs up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gypsy Swan 1 35 Flag

I recently was diagnosed for the first time with gout...a type of arthritis. The first thing everyone, including doctors said, was to eat black cherries and drink black cherry juice. I started searching and researching and vinegar and honey is right up there with cherries. I am just over a week in using these products and my foot is almost back to normal.

Thanks for posting such useful information.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mary knight 21 122 Flag

I am thinking of reasons why this would work. The vinegar is full of probiotics, plus, it has a creates a certain pH in the body. The honey may have pollen, to build immunity, as well as cutting the sharpness of the vinegar. The water makes it palatable. So I mixed my honey and vinegar in with a glass of water. It tastes like a vinaigrette dressing - in fact, make this using a little less water, add some walnut or olive oil, a tsp of black cherry juice to boot,+- and you've got another healing portion of nature's remedy as a vinaigrette salad dressing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By MB Norton 6 180 Flag

I heard this years ago, but never tried it. Thank you for the reminder. Hey, it certainly cannot hurt as vinegar and honey are both very good for you! I have RA and lupus. Definately worth a shot!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Virginia C. 1 1 Flag

I guess it would be ok to mix with water, and perhaps not use so much honey if high blood sugaris an issue? The Braggs certainly endorse this.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Previous
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 11, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cooking With Arthritis
Cooking With Arthritis
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Old Dog
Treating Arthritis in Dogs
Arthritis Pain
Remedies for Arthritis Pain
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:12:35 PM on 10.0.1.39 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings