Wash Delicates in a Pillowcase

I know that you can get mesh bags for bras or whatever, but they have zippers and tear up stockings. So now for stockings, I put them inside a plain old pillowcase (that you might not use, since they may fade).

This is also really good for bras and anything that says "hand-wash". Close the clasps of your bra so that it doesn't snag. Pin it shut with big safety pins and run the delicate cycle. I've even done this with hand wash dresses and skirts. As long as you don't get used for a bag of everything, bras will snag your stockings.

I have one for each texture/fragility. Then, they will untangle easily for line-drying and they last much longer. Plus, they get fabric softener to make it smell great. I do not think you should really use this on Dry Clean Only things, unless you want to shrink it by twenty percent. Even then, it 's risky.

Hand washables, another story, say goodbye to rinsing and kneading. Your pillowcase gets cleaner too! It even dries fast!

By Damaged05170 from Dayton, OH