Using a Pillowcase When Transporting Cats

Carrying a cat in a pillow case allows it to breathe easily, and the animal cannot see where it is going. This is a page about using a pillowcase when transporting cats.

Use a pillow case to transport your cat. Make sure the pillow case is in new or very good condition and has absolutely no holes whatsoever. Tightly tie a cotton shoelace or something of that nature to tie up the pillow case. Pillow cases also come in many sizes. I received this tip from my vet many years ago.

When it comes time to put the cat in the pillow case, just leave it open on the floor and casually put the cat inside. Pull it up and quickly tie it up. Make sure the tie is tight. I usually double tie it.

As explained to me by the vet, the pillow case allows the cat to breathe and the cat cannot see where it is going. Usually cats get upset when they see outside a crate. You can carry the cat safely in your arms as normal. It is calming to the cat when you hold it. Also, usually the cat can remain in the open case when being checked by the vet. If it becomes upset while waiting, it will have the security of the case to stay in.

We have used this method for many years on many cats without any problems. Just be sure to use a pillow case that is in good shape. I recommend buying a new one just to be used for this purpose. It can be washed very easily. If in doubt, try it at home to be sure that this will work with your cat.

One thing to keep in mind, if your cat usually becomes car sick, do not use this tip.

By it's.only.me from NE PA / USA

Pets AdviceApril 8, 2014
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-a-Pillowcase-When-Transporting-Cats.html