Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

I have a GE washer. It is less than 2 years old. The spin and agitation cycles just stopped working? Everything else works fine.

By Christa from TX

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

Call in someone to fix it. It's usually still cheaper to pay for a repair then it is to buy a new washing machine. (07/12/2010)

Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

My 10 year old machine would not spin. I had my boyfriend look at it, but he couldn't see anything obvious. The next day, I called in an appliance repair man, and he had it fixed within 20 minutes. It is a common thing to happen, and required a small piece. Easy for this guy, but a job of many hours if you don't know what you are doing. Just call a repair man. My bill was about $100. (07/14/2010)

By louel53

Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning