Washing Swimming Suits

Category Clothing
Swimming Suits Drying
With proper cleaning your swimming suit can last a long time. This is a guide about washing swimming suits.

We have found that when people use our hot tub, we often get too many bubbles. We have solved this by only allowing bathing suits that have been washed without soap. However, I would like to wash our bathing suits and I need an alternative to laundry soap. Please help!

Tori

Vinegar OR baking soda in the wash with them. Non sudsing and great cleaners to boot! You'll also want to try double rinsing them Wash and rinse and then run a second time with no soap!

Hey Tori, I am a lifeguard in Ottawa, Ontario, CND. I find the same problem with the hot tub at my work! people with soap in their suit leave bubbles and clog filters. You can buy specialized bathing suit cleaner (I usually find it online, unless I go to the Speedo factory in Montreal Quebec. This strips the bathing suits of chlorine, so the suit will last, but it doesn't leave a residue on the suit. It is also gentle to skin, so you can use it on kids suits too! Try a website such as swim2000.com, you can order it there. The speedo one is awesome and 7.99 a bottle. The more generic one is about 5 a bottle and works wonders also!

Activewear Mate

I was puzzled for a long time as to why my hot tub kept getting bubbles in it before someone said "oh, it's from soap in you suits." But anyway, get a swim suit specific cleaner from some place like SwimOutlet.com. I pretty much get all of my swim gear online from this place, and haven't regretted it once.

After you wash your women's bathing suits, how do you keep the top (bra) to keep the shape and keep from becoming deformed?

Peg from Tex

Wash bathing suits by hand in cold water and hang to dry. Using the dryer can alter the shape of the bra and make the suit wear out quicker.