Washing Your Hair With Hard Water

Does anyone know of a good way to neutralize the effects hard water has on hair? Our water here is very hard and my hair seems damaged from it, even the color gets a reddish tint to it only a week or two after I color it (usually medium ash blonde).

Any suggestions?

Tamisuemcp from MO

Answers:

Washing Your Hair With Hard Water

I don't know if this will help you or not. A beautician once told my daughter and me to add a teaspoon or two of baking soda to our shampoo. Hope it helps you. (01/03/2007)

By Darlene

Washing Your Hair With Hard Water

Adding a little lemon juice to the water you use to rinse your hair can also eliminate hard water deposits.
from: http://www.richfeel.com/articles4.htm

I also heard that giving your hair "oil treatments" once in a while helps. (01/03/2007)

By eyelovecats

Washing Your Hair With Hard Water

I had to finally get a water filter put on the kitchen faucet. I think you can also find the hand shower sprays with a filter on it now to filter out all the bad stuff. I have noticed a big difference. I just have to wash my hair at the kitchen sink instead of in the shower. Walmart is the most inexpensive place to purchase it that I am aware of. (06/10/2007)

By rc1965

Washing Your Hair
Washing Your Hair With Hard Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
washing machine drum
Cleaning Hard Water Stains in a Washing Machine Drum
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄