What is This Plant?

What kind of plant is this? I want to help it grow. I saved it from a bankrupt office.

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By craazyuncle from Pittsburgh, PA

It looks like a common philodendron to me.

I agree with the common philodendron. They grow well almost anywhere like to be feed occasionally, watered regularly. I have even grown them in water. They help clean the air in the house.

Hi,

This plant is a Pothos, either a Golden(green with yellow streaks) or a Marble Queen(green with white streaks). It is rated as one of the top ten easiest houseplants to grow. This one looks rather scraggly, so I would take cuttings and root them in water. Then replant in a clean, fresh pot of dirt. They really look nice rooting in pretty bottles on a window sill, not full sun though. The more light the more marbled the new leaves will be, tho it can survive in low light. It is a very hearty houseplant. One very important fact, keep away from cats! It can be toxic to them if eaten. We keep ours hanging up high.

I believe the Pothos is correct. I had one for years, grows well with minimal light and not too much water. Mine grew to 20 feet I hung it so it would grow around the ceiling of my living room. If the branches start loosing leaves in the middle, cut off the damaged part and stick the stem back in the soil, it will root quickly and keep going. I believe a philodendron has a more heart shaped leaf.

it is a variegated pothos. however here in Tennessee its nickname is Devil`s Ivy, because with minimal care it will grow and grow. You need to repot it into a bigger pot, such as a hanging pot. those pieces of vine that don't have any leaves can be cut into sections and replanted also. Just bury the little nodule on the vine. Fill the pot full because the vine likes to be root bound,water it occasionally. Whenever it feels dry, and give it light; artificial or natural, and it will grow forever. Hope this helps. Its a houseplant.

This is a philodendron plant, and from my experience, they are really tough! I've had a piece from my friend's plant in water since last winter, meaning to pot it. It grew lots of roots, but at one point, the water turned quite murky and it looked like it was dead. So, I just changed the water, and new shoots started to appear! My kind of plant! The only thing I think you have to watch for is if you underwater, the leaves will be scanty.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJuly 13, 2009
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🎄
🍂