Which Type of Dawn?

I read the thread about using Dawn for washing the dogs to get rid of fleas. This is kind of a silly question but does it matter which kind of Dawn you use. I have the antibacterial apple. Is this ok?

maddiva

Answers:

Which Type of Dawn?

Hey, I have a dog too. I don't usually use soap much because it can irritate the skin on dogs. Don't use anything too harsh, because it can take away there natural body oils. I suggest getting a medication for him, or talking to a vet before using Dawn on him at all.

By Em

Which Type of Dawn?

When we were trying to deflea kittens too young for Advantage, the vet told us to use regular Dawn, not the antibacterial kind or other scent, just the regular blue Dawn. I don't know what the difference is, but she did specify that it be the original one, not the antibacterial kind. Unfortunately, until they were old enough for us to use Advantage, nothing got rid of the fleas completely. However, it did cut down some on the population :0)

By Rebecca

Which Type of Dawn?

Lemon Dawn is what you should use.I have several dogs and use it all the time. You should only bath them once a month

By bluetopazsue

Which Type of Dawn?

It would be better for the dog if you bathed him/her with dog shampoo and then spritzed with peppermint or lavender oil, which help repel fleas and ticks.

By Peggy Z

Which Type of Dawn?

I use Advantage as my dogs cannot take harsh drying soap.

Do NOT use Hartz anything. The EPA has ordered them to stop producing the product as it has killed so many companion pets.

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/hartzq_a.htm

http://www.geocities.com/boycotthartz/

Jennifer in Northern Virginia

Which Type of Dawn?

I gave, and still give, my dog the soft gel garlic pills daily. She thinks they are a treat and we have never seen another flea.

By JEN

dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Couple Comparing LCD, LED and Plasma TVs
Comparing LCD, LED and Plasma TVs
Storing Googly Eyes
Storing Googly Eyes
Power of Attorney
Duration of a Power of Attorney
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
🎉
🎄