White Heat Marks on Wood Table

A hot dish was placed on wood table and left a white mark. I need to remove the mark without damaging finish, if possible. HELP!

Shaywood from Valrico, FL

Answers:

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I have the same problem and I think it's the furniture polish that turns white. I use Mr. Clean Antibacterial Multi-Surface cleaner on my table. It get's all the old polish off. Then I re-polish my table and it's like new again. Works every time. Good luck.

(05/22/2006)

By Kreatvmuzk1111

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I agree with using mayo and ashes. I don't think cigarette ashes work as well. I had a stain on my curio cabinet and the mayo and ashes worked. Like it was said before you need to let it work for a couple of minutes or even over night. And you may need to do it more than once. (05/23/2006)

By JILLSAVES

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Well, I found the Liquid Gold - it did NOTHING! Will try the mayo and ashes next. Thanks for the suggestions. (05/24/2006)

By Sylvia Haywood

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

The only way to get rid of heat or water marks on wood (leaves cloudy white marks and rings) is to use heat and water again to take it out. Forget ashes and mayo. Just heat a steam iron to medium, place a plain tea towel (no print or waffle) over the stain and press for SECONDS. Push the steam button while you press. Wipe, and repeat until stain is gone then polish with teak oil, or olive oil. This WORKS. So does a hairdryer, but not as well and steam works better. (07/24/2006)

By Lesley

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Thank you for the steam iron advice! I used a plain white t-shirt and it worked in seconds. I was amazed. I finally removed the tablecloth that has been hiding my table since last Thanksgiving. (09/07/2006)

By Wareham, MA

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I have used a product called Liberon Ring Remover, it works! much better than lemon juice, ash, oils, mayo, hot irons and other silly old wise tales. Try it and see. (09/10/2006)

By Rob Waring

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

The steam iron works like a miracle. thank you so much. i can use my polished dining table at christmas. and i've also found that a dab of dark brown shoe polish mixed with a drop of furniture oil takes slight whiteish marks out of our dark wood coffee table. (12/03/2006)

By Robyn

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Steam worked SO well! We placed a thin tea-towel on the effected area, set the iron to medium heat, n ironed the tea-towel for a couple of seconds! Worked a treat! Don't go out spending tons of money when the iron will sort it all! Thankyou for the Steam suggestion. 100% Correct! (12/24/2006)

By Ciara

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

My sister left a ten-inch diameter white heat mark on my polished table yesterday during our Christmas dinner (despite a superabundance of insulated mats). I have just tried the steam iron remedy, not really expecting it to work and fearing I was going to cause even more damage, but it really did do the trick. I was astonished - definitely not a silly old wives' tale. (12/26/2006)

By fizzi

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

My wife has given me grief over the white heat mark that appeared on our £4000 coffee table on christmas day, even though I put a tea towel and tray under the coffee pot it still caused this big white stain.after reading these articles on how to get rid of the stain, I have tried the iron and it worked in seconds, so now i'm in the good books again and the wife has a big grin now its gone THANKYOU FOR THE TIP phil (12/26/2006)

By phil cochrane

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I just did the ashes mixed with a little lemon oil wood polish (since I didn't have mayo on hand). It worked perfectly. Thank you so very, very much! I love this site! (01/16/2007)

By Veronicatwo

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Because I read so many positive testimonials regarding the effectiveness of using the iron, I tried it and it really is amazing! Abracadabra - the white ring is gone in less than a minute! Thanks so much for this very helpful tip! (01/16/2007)

By SHELLEY

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I just tried to get rid of the heat marks on my table with a steam iron and white tea cloth. Well, that worked ok, except now I have been left with a huge iron shaped water/steam mark. How on earth do I get rid of that? (01/30/2007)

By Sue

White Heat Stain on Wood Table
Removing White Heat Stains from a Wood Table
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
kitchen range and cabinets
Removing White Steam Marks on Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄