White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I have heat marks on my table. Does the remedy using baking soda and mayo scrub off the varnish since the baking soda is rough? I don't know what kind of varnish was used on this table. Are you supposed to hold the iron an inch or two above the t-shirt? I am afraid to put the iron on the shirt itself and cause more damage to the table.

By Albertmissy from Dallas, TX

Answers:

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

You are supposed to iron directly on the t-shirt. Some recommend a steam iron, some recommend a dry iron only, since liquid is what caused the problem in the first place. I haven't tried a steam iron, but the dry iron worked great. (04/13/2009)

By Amuck

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

AlbertMissy from Dallas, did you try the iron and did it work? I have same problem, have tried the mayo and also the peanut butter suggestions, but neither worked. I'm too chicken to try the iron. If it worked, did you use dry iron or steam? Thanks, Fran from Dallas (04/14/2009)

By franciemr

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Albertmissy and franciemr, if the iron doesn't work for you, Zap Wood Restorer, available online, is great stuff. I have used it on several things with surprising results. The yuckiest thing I used it on was my mother-in-law's bathroom sink cabinet. She had gotten so much water down the front of it and washed it so much over the years that a lot of the finish was gone and a lot of it was white. I just put some on a rag, wiped over it, wiped with a dry rag and it almost looked like new. The bottle is pretty big so it goes a long way. (04/14/2009)

By Amuck

White Heat Stain on Wood Table
Removing White Heat Stains from a Wood Table
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
kitchen range and cabinets
Removing White Steam Marks on Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄