White Heat Marks on Wood Table

How can you get white heat marks off a cherry wood table?

Dawn from Truro, Nova Scotia

Answers:

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Our brand new satin finish walnut table has had a large white ring from a hot pot for months now while we tried every product imaginable. I was just about to go ahead with a $300 refinishing job when I came across this iron trick (see further down this page) and figuring that I couldn't make it much worse gave it a try. In less than a minute I've removed the mark and my table looks brand new (03/26/2007)

By Sea

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

The steam iron and white towel worked a treat! It was brilliant. Dear Husband put a hot pizza box on a fabulous table, and I was sure it was ruined. I tried everything, but what worked was the steam iron and white towel. Thank you so much! (03/30/2007)

By Winifred

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Just tried the steam iron trick using a white T-shirt, and it worked perfectly! I can't believe how easy this was. I have been living with that white mark for all of this time and it took 2 minutes to get rid of it! (04/07/2007)

By Dee

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I never thought this would work, and thought I would try it out to prove you wrong but in fact it did work and so perfectly! Now my Landlord won't be charging me for a new table! Basically as it says all you do is heat up a normal steam iron to medium heat, get a white table cloth, pillow case, etc. and put over the white mark, then for a few seconds, just as if you were ironing the cloth, press the steam button and work over the stain. You will be amazed like I am. I'm still trying to work out how THIS ACTUALLY WORKS! (04/11/2007)

By Adrianna

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

When I saw that you could use a steam iron and a white cloth I was skeptical. But I got my iron and a white t-shirt out but was left with a big white iron mark. Then I thought I would try it again...

HERE IS THE TRICK...

Double the t-shirt or use a thicker cloth, then the second you place the iron on the shirt press the steam button and remove. I DO MEAN ONE SECOND! Then with the damp side of the shirt rub the stain. Keep doing this till the stain comes out. Once it the stain was out I then rubbed in some olive oil and now my table looks as good as new! (04/18/2007)

By Tahnee

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Mayo and some wood ashes rubbed with an old sock. It works just perfect! (04/26/2007)

By Chuck

Use a dish towel and your steam iron. I ironed for 3 seconds while giving it three shots of steam and then rubbed like heck. I think the people who are saying "the iron didn't work," didn't rub like heck immediately. It worked for me. :)

White Heat Stain on Wood Table
Removing White Heat Stains from a Wood Table
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
kitchen range and cabinets
Removing White Steam Marks on Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄